Welcome to Terri West Fitness Los Angeles Personal Trainer, Nutritionist, Speaker
An inexpensive way to incorporate protein into your diet and have lots of leftovers! Pinto beans with Soyrizo (vegan Spanish sausage), green bell pepper, fresh garlic and onion, 4 to 5 bay leaves, whole poblano chili pepper.
200 calories per half cup gets you 10 grams of protein, 8 grams of fiber, 2 grams of iron, 40 grams of calcium and a whopping 375 grams of potassium which is good for high blood pressure, metabolism and has electrolytes.
Boil beans for two minutes, let sit for one hour, then drain and rinse. Add all ingredients in a lot pot for three hours. Bon appetite!
1 packet Frozen brown rice
Olive oil cooking spray
1 package Frozen mixed vegetables (peas, carrots, corn)
3 broccoli florets, fresh or packaged
1/4 Cup chopped green onion
1 Cup Protein - Chicken breast or Tofu, cut into small squares. Pre-packaged cooked chicken works
3 Tbsp Low Sodium soy sauce
1. Microwave brown rice (set aside)
2. Microwave frozen vegetables (set aside)
3. Cut broccoli into desired size (set aside)
4. Using shallow pan or wok, spray entire pan with Olive Oil cooking spray. Add chicken/tofu, (cut into small squares) and brown.
5. Add the rice, vegetables, broccoli to protein mixture and "fry" for three to four minutes (Use additional cooking spray if needed)
6. Add soy sauce to mixture and stir
7. Top with chopped green onions
All ingredients available at Trader Joe's. Makes about four servings.
Try my quick recipe that is low in carbs and fat!
Lettuce wraps with ground turkey. 1/4 cup hoisin or stir fry sauce, 1 tbsp low sodium soy sauce, 1 teaspoon ground ginger, 1/2 tspn cayenne pepper, 2 cloves garlic, 1/2 chopped sweet onion, dash of Himalayan salt, 1 tbsp olive oil. Brown 1 pound lean ground turkey. Set aside large romaine lettuce leaves, washed. After browned, put meat mixture aside in a bowl.
Add olive oil to same pan, onion, garlic, ginger, cayenne. Stir on low until hot. Add hoisin or stir-fry sauce, reduce heat until mixture bubbles. Turn off heat, add salt to taste. Add ground turkey and mix until meat is fully covered.
Place a couple of heaping tablespoons of mixture onto romaine lettuce beds and enjoy!